Sleeve for 12.9" iPad Pro (2018) + Smart Keyboard

I’m the proud owner of a 12.9" iPad Pro (2018). I ended up purchasing the Smart Keyboard with it, which also doubles as a cover for the front and back of the iPad.

While, the Smart Keyboard provides reasonably good protection, I’d also like to have a sleeve for the iPad + Smart Keyboard to use while travelling. Ideally it would offer a snug fit (but not so snug that it requires a lot of effort to take in and out), have a retractable handle and/or optional strap, and include a zippered side pocket for accessories (e.g. charger, cables, and dongles).

Has anyone come across something that fits the bill? Thanks in advance for any advise you have to pass along.

1 Like

Waterfield just released sleeves. https://www.sfbags.com/collections/ipad-pro-sleeves-and-bags

3 Likes

Tom Bihn also has a version of their Cache sleeve for the new iPad forthcoming.

1 Like

I used something like this one when I had a 12.9" iPad Pro I took with me places:

There are a lot on Amazon which all seem to be made by the same company with a different logo on it. This looks to be almost the same (different texture fabric) on Amazon.ca at an affordable price:

1 Like

+1 for Waterfield sleeves. Very high quality.

2 Likes

Another +1 for Waterfield. I bought one for the original iPad that lasted through all the 9.7” versions I owned and still looks good today. I just sold the sleeve I bought for my 12.9” in 2015, and just ordered a new one for my 2018 12.9”.

They are exceptionally well-made products.

2 Likes

Waterfied just announced cases for the Mac mini as well, so if you want to take your mini on the road:

1 Like

Does anyone have the Sutter Tech Sling? Looks gorgeous.

I have one on order; supposed to ship Friday.

1 Like

I spoke too soon. Got a shipping notice today, should have it by next Tuesday.

1 Like

Thanks for all the great feedback!

I looked into the Waterfield option. It looks like a good case…except that the price is prohibitive here in Canada. Once I add on shipping and duty, the cost of purchasing the iPad sleeve ends up being $150 CAD. And if I wanted to return it for some reason I’d only receive a refund on the case (not the shipping) and would need to pay to ship it back.

I think I’ll see if I can find something local (or at least in Canada) that’s a good fit. I’ll keep Waterfield as a Plan “B”.

Any other suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

1 Like

We purchased a really nice, heavy felt iPad sleeve that Includes a pocket for the Pencil. Very happy with it.

1 Like