Sleeves and Bags

Just think of all of the cool things we can own when we don’t pay for app subscriptions! :rofl:

4 Likes

I currently use the Waterfield Sutter Slim for carrying my tech to/from work and for travel but I’m seriously considering getting their new Airporter backpack for travel.

Interesting… May I ask what appeals to you? Its a very different design than what they’ve produced before.

I really like the Sutter Slim: It’s very practical and very well made. I’m on a trip right now, though, with that and a small carryon bag and I’m finding myself wanting just a little more room in my baggage. The Airporter seems to be that; it has enough space for all of my tech. stuff and also room for one change of clothes and basic toiletries.

Also, if I do choose to pack a checked bag then I could ensure that, in the event it gets lost or delayed, I at least have a change of clothes to wear while the airline tries to reunite me with it.

1 Like

You don’t find it too boxy?
I have the Bolt backpack that I use with a carryon wheeler (Away) when I fly (every 3 weeks or so). The Bolt too is just a little too small. Funny, I love bags. Once had the pleasure of visiting Bottega Venetta’s workshop in Italy. Google them if you’re not familiar. Not relevant to my life but man, the craft and workmanship.

It does seem a little boxy but I like the aesthetic of it over things that look like hiking backpacks. We’ll see how well I actually like it when it arrives :slight_smile:

1 Like

Duluth Pack mini-haversack will carry my 13" MacBook Air, iPad mini, a couple of small note books, and the needed power, cable and pens. If I am traveling longer and need more capacity I use a nutsac waxed canvas satchel to carry paper files etc along with more electronics.

Update: I ordered the Waterfield Air Porter Backpack (it turns out they have a non-backpack version too) and, in a word, it’s perfect (for me) as a travel backpack. It arrived yesterday, which was two days before its estimated ship date, and I absolutely love it; I would not change a thing.

It has plenty of pockets for all of my tech gear and the top-front pocket fits my cable organizer, something that makes me unreasonably happy. With all of the tech stuff stowed, it still has plenty of room for at least one change of clothing, toiletries, a water bottle, and a light windbreaker.

(Despite my enthusiasm, I have no connection with the company other than being a very happy customer. My only financial relationship with them is that I keep sending them money :laughing:)

3 Likes

Samsonite® Xenon 2 UltraSlim Laptop Case With 13" Laptop Pocket Reg. $62.59

Just what I need for carrying my 2017 MBA and my stuff when I go to clients when I fix their computers. Not too expensive, not too small, not too large.

I highly recommend the Peak Design Everyday Backpack along with the Tech Pouch from the same company. They are expensive but you can find deals. I bought the backpack used from KEH.com for more than half off. I used the backpack initially for photography equipment but wound up using it to carry a MacBook Pro 16 inch laptop and now a MacBook Air along with iPads and Kindles.

What are y’all toting in 2024?

My new macbook pro gave me bag fever again and I am leaning toward backpacks now… currently using these:

Alpaka Elements Pro for standard edc

Alpaka Metro for micro edc (still holds 14" macbook pro)

For travel, currently undecided but looking at:
Pakt The Travel Backpack (long haul)
Evergoods CTB 26L (short haul)

I posted earlier in this thread but I’ve not seen anyone else with this bag so I want to highlight it again. I got the new Waterfield Compact Executive last year and am still loving it for work and travel. I’ve never had a backpack this well made before and the quality of everything still surprises me. Even the zippers are a pleasure to use.

2 Likes

yep, Waterfield makes good stuff. I have their Tech Folio Brief and their waxed canvas magnetic sleeve. That new X-Air Backpack looks awesome but I don’t think any backpack is worth $500. The one review says it feels cheap and flimsy…