"Stand" for Magic Trackpad 2

I got a Magic Trackpad 2 for me external input device/keyboard setup, and while I really like the trackpad, it’s got a very low profile. I’ve got it on a 2" tall box now, and that seems too high, so I’m wondering if anyone has found a solution to that or if I just need to get used to it being lower than the one on my MacBook Pro.

Thanks!

Hmm. Not something I’ve felt the need for myself. Maybe use the box it came in? It’d be the right size and about the height you’re looking for.

4 Likes

If you’re a fan of negative tilt (trackpad slopes away from you), some cheap bean bags do the job nicely. Just prop up the front a bit. I like that sort of setup, as it feels more “natural” for my hand.

Otherwise, various rubber feet for other applications (furniture, etc.) can be had at most hardware stores or on Amazon. Might be worth a browse if you’re cool with affixing them to the bottom of the trackpad.

3 Likes

Oh, shoot. I suspect the perfect (if expensive) solution was Grovemade’s Magic Trackpad 2 tray holder, but it seems like they’ve stopped making them:

You might want to reach out to them directly—perhaps they’re still able to make them?

I saw that earlier! $80 for a wooden block is kind of steep, though!

Just thought of this…if you need the whole trackpad raised, not just the front, and you don’t need that much height, you might be able to find something that’s serviceable (and looks nice!) in the tile section of your local hardware store. 1/4" to 1/2" absolute maximum, but it might be enough to get you the little bit of height you want.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Jeffrey-Court-Fresh-White-6-in-x-6-in-Glossy-Ceramic-Wall-Tile-12-5-sq-ft-Case-96011/207089728

That plus some shelf liner:

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Grip-Original-Non-Adhesive-Cabinets/dp/B07773PQG7/

would give you a bit of height and prevent it from slipping around on your desk.

Oh, that’s a great idea! I’m just trying a few things here, and it might not be a big deal in the long run, but I’ll try that out, too. Thanks!

Ooh, I haven’t thought of that. I’ll give it a try.

I’ve got it on the box right now, and that does give a little rise. I’m gonna play around with it for a little bit and see what works. Thanks for the reply!

Try out this: I use it since 5 years and it imitates the same bezels, height and feeling on the Macbook Pro for the external Magic Keyboard and The Magic Trackpad. You can use your previous muslce memory and it is very convenient.