Start Page via Bookmarking App?

I have used Pinboard as my bookmark “app” for years now, but these days it feels a bit moribund around there. I think I am probably going to move to Raindrop, which looks pretty great, but I have an edge use question.

Pinboard lets you post web notes that will make a rudimentary web page where you can store some text (for instance). I’ve used that to create a plain-Jane start page for myself that did what I wanted simply and could be reached, via url, anywhere.

Does anyone know if I could do something like that with Raindrop? My queries are coming up dry so far.

If not, anyone want to recommend another way to make a bare-bones start/hub page full of frequently used links? I just haven’t had to think about this for a while now and feel a little flatfooted with regards to evaluating options.

Thanks.

I use a cluster of local html pages, also copied to one of my private Web directories.

There’s this Web service I used to use for teaching.

You could create a password-protected Blogger site.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks I’ll look into Protopage to see if it makes sense for me.

Thank you. Will report back.

I use start.me as the new tab page. Love it!

Depending on your level of technical proficiency and assuming it doesn’t need to be kept private, you could just write an HTML file and use something like GitHub Pages to serve it to an accessible-anywhere URL.

2 Likes