Static IP Address for iPad

I have an IP address reserved on our network as 172.16.14.233. The iPad connects as 172.16.10.93. I need it to be in 172.16.14.xx in order to work with some network devices.

I tried manually setting up the iPad with the desired IP address, correct submask, and router but with no connections.

I also tried to add our DNS manually: school.pvt.k12.xx.xx

But it doesn’t work. Hard and soft resets have been tried.

Is there a way for me to make the iPad find and use the IP address reserved for it?

Thanks!

1. Select the WiFi Connection
  2. Tap the i to the right
  3. Confiture iP > change to Manual
  4. IP address: 172.16.14.xxx
  5. Subnet: 255.255.255.0 (or copy what it gave to you while in automatic mode)
  6. Router: 171.16.14.1 (or copy what it gave to you while in automatic mode)
  7. DNS: 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9

This should do it.
You might have to power cycle the wifi on your iPhone to make it work.
Alternatively the network admin can assign a static IP address to you.

@DJO you seem to be dealing with to subnet here so make sure you don’t have a double NAT and that you are actually connecting to to the right subnet. For example, if you have a modem/router which has the adresse 172.16.14.1 and have an other router to like an Orbi or other router to give wireless access which is also used as a router and not in Bridge mode. The second router is set to 172.16.10.xx which will give adresse in that range and will NOT be able to communicate with devices on the 172.16.14.xx range. So you need to put the second router in Bridge mode so it is just extending the network but is managed by your 172.16.14.1 router.
This, of corse, is if you have two router. If not, then I don’t know:-(

Thank you for the time you all took to lend a hand. All of your advice was helpful and I was able to rectify the situation. I’m a teacher in a small private school who was tapped on the shoulder and enticed with a significant raise to do tech administration. I’ve learned a great deal with advice from people like you.