Stream Deck always on

Hey there. :slight_smile:

I think the consensus is to power it off via a smart plug.

As my 2 Stream Decks are powered / connected via a 7-port powered USB hub I’m a little loth to do that - lest the other 5 things plugged in won’t tolerate it.

But I should probably try it…

… My home office causes a glow that leaks into our bedroom - and that’s enough of an undesirable effect to want to kill light leakage.

Try this?

1. Open Stream Deck preferences and choose ’Set Screensaver…"

1. Choose a solid black image such as this for your screensaver:

Black-StreamDeck

1. Set your Keyboard Maestro macro to do two steps:
  • to type ⌃⌘Q
  • execute shell script /usr/bin/pmset displaysleepnow

Try running your Keyboard Maestro macro and see if your Mac screen and Stream Deck both go black.

YMMV, but it seems to work for me.

Update

It finally got dark enough late in the day that I can see this does not really shut off the screen. It’s still “on” just showing black. So not as good of a solution as I first thought.

Ah the ‘show something indistinguishable from nothing’ trick. :slight_smile:

Finally had a chance to try this. Basically setting the black PNG as the screensaver did the trick. Shell script helped by turning all my displays black immediately. Thanks @tjluoma and all for the help!

3 Likes

Hi, i use windows os but you can find mac version.When i have been searching about turning elgato streamdeck off, read this topic.While looking at plugins in app store, i discovered something.First download windows shutdown plugin in streamdeck store.Than you’ll see this:

Just left click on the green thick icon one time.Than go to actions: you’ll see the second action that “switch profile”.Click this action and change the profile “default profile” to “windows shutdown menu”

At last when you press the confirm button on elgato streamdeck, your pc shut down and your streamdeck will turn all black :smiley:

I am having this issue when my macbook air is plugged into the hub, but not the macmini, I fixed it using the git repo

Then just add it to my sleep scrip in Keyboard maestro, Dumb, but works

1 Like

This is not good as still powering the LED’s, yes black but can see backlight

1 Like

What I’m actually doing is turning my Stream Decks face down at night.

Doesn’t that mean, that the weight of the StreamDeck is resting onto the display, via the switches all impressed!?
I do not know, if this is very healthy for the Display?

Possibly - but I’m quite gentle with it. And it’s across all the buttons so no localised load.

The alternative might be to put a sheet of card in front of the device, I suppose.

This is the kind of thing that I really wish was in more reviews of equipment and software. I can read specs and find out what something does easily enough, but I really need to know that the lights stay on all night! :wink:

Hi all, I have been through this thread called “Stream deck always on” but it seems to be mainly about turning it off. Any chance someone found a way to keep it on when the screen is off? Many thanks

2 Likes