Streamdeck for Audio Source

I’ve been inspired by the session on StreamDeck to upgrade my screens and I’ve run into a problem.
I would like to be able change the audio output source with a button on StreamDeck from my Mac mini - headphones - AirPods.
I can’t figure out how to do it with Keyboard Maestro/Streamdeck. What am I missing?
Thanks,
Debra

1 Like

There are plugins on the elgato Streamdeck marketplace that provides this the functionality. Word of caution though, AirPods and hard to control and usually those plugins fail to work.

Yeah, if the AirPods are already connected to the Mac then it’s no problem. It’s the “getting them connected to the Mac in the first place” that’s the challenge.

The setting PER DEVICE that’s relevant is related to auto-connect is described here:

and the option you want is When Last Connected to This (whatever device). At that point, if the AirPods are connected to the Mac switching the audio routing should be pretty easy.

1 Like

Thank you. This plugin (Release 3.0: macos support, rename to 'audio switcher', signed executables · fredemmott/StreamDeck-AudioSwitcher · GitHub) worked perfectly.

1 Like