Suggested RSS Feeds?

I consume most of my news, including tech news, through Apple news or through podcasts. However, having read a number of topics on his forum regarding RSS readers I thought I’d try one again. It has been at least five years since I used an RSS reader. With that in mind, I would appreciate any suggested RSS feeds that you have found particularly useful. Thanks in advance.

I get much joy from Matt Gemmels posts: https://mattgemmell.com

He’s a writer and a fellow Apple enthusiast :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here are some interesting Mac/iOS sites that have RSS feeds. I threw in a few uncommon ones. Easily googleable:

Shawn Blanc
Macdrifter
Tidbits.com
ThatMacNerd
TheSweetBits
ParisLemon
Apple Newsroom
BrettTerpstra
iPadCollective
iPadGuild
iPadInsight
TabletHabit
KenSegall
Intego’s Mac Security Blog
OSXdaily

2 Likes

Do you have a link for Paris Lemon (M.G. Siegler)? I thought he discontinues his website

https://parislemon.com/rss

I have a lot of feeds accumulated over the years with sporadic postings. Here’s what I see in my feed for Siegler, at my NewsBlur account:

By the way, a really cool Chrome extension is Google’s RSS Subscription Extension, which becomes active when there’s a feed or more in a given site (and fades when there isn’t). Makes it really simple and easy to see and grab RSS feeds for sites:

1 Like

Among others, I subscribe to:

Quartz
The Atlantic
9to5 Mac
Ars Technica
The Verge
Macworld
Wired

I also subscribe to RSS from my favorite blogs like:
Six Colors
512 Pixels
MacStories
Brooks Review

RSS comes in really handy for for less-frequently-posted blogs, too! That way you know you don’t miss anything.

Many of the above are great. I tend to use rss for more indie blogs that might not end up in Apple news, like 512 pixels, 6 colours, Matt gemmell’s site, appademic, daring fireball, macstories, etc.

One I haven’t seen listed here is Matt Birchler at birchtree.me
Writing there is his side-hustle, he offers concise reviews, a thoughtful perspective, and the writing is good. I’d add that to your feed list and see what you think!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the excellent suggestions. I found several I was not familiar with to add to my reading list. Your suggestions are appreciated.

1 Like

This is a bit late, and fairly specialized, but if you’re interested in price discounts on quality Mac software, I have a variety of customizable feeds available you can check out

1 Like

These are the RSS that I subscribe to:

512 Pixels
And now it’s all this
BirchTree

ChalmbersDaily
Daring Fireball
Kirkville

kungfugrippe
Macdrifter
MacSparky
MacStories