Suggestion for Webcam to mount on LG monitor while using M1 MBP

Indeed!!! :slight_smile:

My next recommendation is the Logitech Brio then.

1 Like

I recently moved from the Logitech C920 to the new Anker webcam. I’ve been very impressed with the image quality, and the mic seems to do a good job. I usually use my external mic, but occasionally Teams jumps to the Anker.

Just tried out Camo today and it worked like a charm. Thanks for bringing this to my attention :+1: Finally this “what webcam should I buy?” headache is over. :tada:

1 Like

Thanks. My one warning remains that Camo seems to draw significant power on the iPhone when in use.

JJW

I’ve always plugged my iPhone directly into my MacBook Air via Lightning to USB-C when using Camo. (I’m pretty sure the app requires the iPhone to be plugged in, doesn’t it?)

The phone does get warm when using it for an hour or more.

Tip: I also have a Personal Automation (via Shortcuts) that runs when Camo launches on the iPhone which puts the phone into DND, Airplane Mode, Turns off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. This prevents someone from calling me while I am using it as a webcam, which I assume would interrupt the connection.

The only thing this does not address is any timers or alarms from the iOS Clock app.

I have another Personal Automation that runs when Camo exits which re-enables all of those things.

2 Likes

Love this! Any chance you’d share the shortcut please?

Thanks

Unfortunately you can’t share Personal Automations the way that you share Shortcuts.

No, I don’t know why either.

But this one is pretty simple, two actions:

1.Turn DND “ON” until “Turned Off”
2. “Turn” Airplane Mode “On”

and then reverse it for the exit automation.

1 Like