Suggestions for an iOS/iPadOS Mastodon app?

Toot! Is going to implement the Marker API and I expect all other clients to do the same nearterm.

Nice thing is this will work client independent!!

Huge pain point at the moment also for me.

1 Like

Mastoot just added timeline sync in the last day or two. It has worked reliably for me across two iPads and an iPhone.

1 Like

Tweetbot is working on Mastodon support…. so maybe soon?

1 Like

Two apps that you can use to post that I have used. Drafts (the app that does it all, have one action that posts and another that can post to twitter and mastodon ast same time. Both in the action directory. Also Linky for sharing stuff.

You folks with 68K Macs are taken care of now.

#68k

4 Likes

Sweet! I have one of those …

3 Likes

I have a friend who has a working Apple II system. Four of us have been playing Star Lanes once a year on it forever. Ya got anything for that platform? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Drafts is adding support for posting to Mastodon. Currently in beta.

4 Likes

You can actually do it in a limited fashion right now with the action below. The new functionality will add full support for the API via OAuth on par with other integrated services

I was in time to capture a TestFlight slot for Ivory (for iOS) from Tapbots (makers of Tweetbot) today :tada:

Looks excellent so far. I think it instantly became my daily driver!

1 Like

My mistake. I wanted to reply to the first post, but apparently did not scroll to the top… Sorry!

Ivory for iOS is the Mastodon client (for iOS) from Tapbots (maker of Tweetbot).

PS: They are also working on Ivory for macOS (and an update of Tweetbot for macOS)!

1 Like

Off-topic: I also stopped listening to these podcasts - long time ago…

On-topic: I still follow several of the hosts on Twitter - and now (also) on Mastodon.

I stopped listening to some of those for reasons other than echo chambering, but can happily listen to ATP and disagree with the guys on all sorts of things. I’m not sure I’d call them preachy. Opinionated, but also (unlike some), self aware. Disagreeing with them on technical stuff is a good thing, in general. The only topic I take exception to is a certain someone’s arguments about a temperature scale, which drive me up the wall. (Not his position… his arguments.)

1 Like

In case anyone is still looking for a good client: Mona is in public beta now (iPhone, iPad & Mac).

(After changing a lot of configuration items it does not look that bad anymore, but not as good as Ivory - the level of configurability is very nice though!)

I would suggest checking out Ivory, Mona, and Icecubes, to see what works for you.

I already tried out Ivory (TestFlight and paying customer) and Icecubes (briefly; not my style).

Trying out Mona as well now there’s a public beta, but I’ll probably stick with Ivory.

I unfortunately missed the Ivory for macOS alpha/beta notice yesterday (updating my Apple Watch to watchOS 9.3.1; TestFlight group of 10K users was then filled within a minute…), but I also read on the FAQ that the macOS version of Ivory only runs on Ventura (which IT does still not allow me to install…).

Since timeline syncing is an important part of the UX for me, this “might change everything”?!

Or will UI win from UX and will I stick with Ivory (mobile) and Elk (Mac)?

For those that missed it: Mona (from the developer of Spring for Twitter) has been released today.

(I’m an Ivory subscriber, but bought Mona “Pro Max” nevertheless)

1 Like

I’ll look for that. I’ve been using the Mona beta.

What do you like about Ivory? I have tried it and just don’t see the appeal.

The UI/UX.

But Mona is getting close after heavy tweaking (to make it look more like Ivory…) from my side.

1 Like