Sure would like an iPad Mini Pro

With the portability and power of the M2 MacBook Air I found myself using my 12.9 iPad less and less and found that my iPad Mini was the perfect device for what I use it for, content consumption and a little productivity, but would love a little more power.

And one else find a renewed love for their minis?

2 Likes

I would love this! I haven’t used my Mini in ages (I use my 11” iPad Pro mostly). I used it a lot more when I was flying more actively as it was a great kneeboard for navigation and plates.

That being said, an iPad Mini Pro would be an insta-buy for me, I think. Even with my larger iPhone Max I would like to have a little bit bigger of a screen for travel. Would be great for books, etc, too.

1 Like

I don’t even need a iPad mini pro, but I just want a current gen chip in it! I want to use it as a Ereader at night but hate that it’s about 3 years old and pending update around the corner.

Also, the m1 iPads do surprisingly well with external monitor and keyboard/mouse with stage manager that I could see a Mac mini with at least m1 being a nice portable desktop setup as well.

3 Likes

I’m torn between keeping my mini and getting an 11 in. I need the 2 TB capacity of the 11 in so I can store all my photos. I didn’t realize just how large my Photos library is.

Sounds like around March 2024.

That’s my guess as well. While the mini is fine I have one to use for my job occasionally and it’s noticeable how much slower than my iPad Pro m1.

I was hoping for something earlier.

Curious as to whether we have a sense for an IPad Mini update? Is March looking possible? I really want to pick one up, but am hoping for some updates in terms of chip and screens.

I haven’t heard of anything for the mini. From my understanding all the rumors are talking about OLED screens and a larger iPad Air.

If they just update the mini with 2 TB of storage I’ll probably grab one though.

Apple’s growth is still greatly dependent on new and upgraded products so I would definitely expect to see new iPads this year.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/11/once-again-neither-mac-nor-ipad-sales-grew-in-apples-latest-earnings-report/

Couldn’t agree more. I sold my pro last year, preferring the mini for factor over any other.

Been loving it’s form factor so much that I even bought an iPad Air, too.
Not as a replacement for the mini. But solely for doing a professional training/certificate program I’m currently doing, for which I do need a little bigger screen than the mini (on the device itself - and sometimes on an external display with the better display support that the M-series chips and Stage Manager provide). It also feels good to have a dedicated device for studying - even though it’s not cheap.

But yeah, my iPad mini goes with me on my daily commute and travels, and I wouldn’t give that up for a bigger or smaller device.