Survey with auto entered email

Our media person at church is working on a survey for me. She does not know how to have the email address (and/or name) automatically inserted into the form. Does someone have a suggestion for me to get that done?
Thanks

I hope I understand your question correctly. Your media person wants to have the audience entering the survey form automatically populated with the audience’s email address, correct?

I know that for people using google account, their email addressess will automatically entered when they fill in a Google Form, and they can change to another email addresses if they opt to. I believe the survey form can also work with non-google accounts but obvsiously their email addresses would not be auto-populated

Hope this helps

1 Like

As @fuzzygel has said, if someone outside your organisation completes a form there is no way for the email address to auto-populate. In Google Forms there is an option to make fields mandatory. If you need to keep a record of which person has completed the form (by logging their email address) then you can make this a mandatory filed that everyone must complete.

There is nothing to stop people entering a random email address which is not their own (e.g. none@example.com) but if respondents enter their own email address you can keep track of who has replied (and how many replies they have submitted). We use Office 365 at work and I think their forms work in a similar way.

Google forms would work as mentioned, but only for those who are logged into Google when they fill out the form.

The only other way I know to make this work would be to send the invitation through a commercial email platform, such as Active Campaign or Constant Contact. Assuming the form is on the same platform, you could use the system’s own personalization features to auto-complete that part of the form.

I’m not sure what survey tools you’re using, but you might reach out to them and see if they have a workaround.

Thank you.
Our church does use Constant Contact and our media expert is checking with our rector to see if we will upgrade it to use that function.