Sylvan’s Standing Desk Setup

Here is my new standing desk setup I’ve built this summer.

image%202

The desk:
Fully Jarvis Standing Desk (160 x 80cm) with curved bamboo top, cable management and dual monitor arm.

On the desk:
MacBook Pro 15" (2016)
LG 27" UltraFine 5K Display
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Magic Trackpad 2
Logitech MX Master Navy Blue
Magic Mouse (1st Gen)
iPad Pro 11" (2018) with Smart Keyboard Folio
HomePod
Two IKEA coasters (one for the bottle of water, the other for the HomePod)
Anker 10W Wireless Charger
Belkin Stand for Apple Pencil - Silver

Under the desk:
Desk hooks for my bag (not shown) and the Bose QC35 case

I try to keep this desk as clean as possible in order to focus on my work. I have another small desk where I put physical mail and other paperwork. Every few days, I’ll go through it and scan it using my ScanSnap.

I’ve added casters to my desk, so I can easily move it towards my balcony. This way, I can be outside in summer while still having access to my big monitor. Here’s a picture of my summer setup:
image%204

Let me know what you think! :slight_smile:

Sweet! That is my thought :slightly_smiling_face:

:+1:

Looks great. I love that idea of being able to move the desk so you can be outside and still see the monitor.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

The summer was really nice here this year and I didn‘t like the idea of practically missing so many warm days. At first, I went outside with just the iPad an MacBook but some tasks just work better on the big screen (surprise… :wink:). So, I’m really happy that I don’t have to choose between working more efficiently on the big screen or enjoying the sun. :smile:

I was concerned about reflections at first, but luckily with a sunshade behind me this is no problem.

Also, one benefit that I just noticed after using this setup for a couple of times: When you look into the room, you are less likely to be distracted by things occuring outside. And when you pair it with a set of noise-cancelling headphones, it gets even better :grin: