Syncing of Shortcuts is not working

I started modifying a shortcut I have been using for months on both my iPad and iPhone. There was some subtle change from iOS 13 to iOS14. I made all the modifications on my iPad. I created an Archive folder to save the old version, just in case. Once I was done, I went to my iPhone to test it out there and noticed things were a total mess. There was no Archive folder. The Shortcut I modified said there was a conflict and asked me to choose one. That ended up wiping out all the changes I made on the iPad.

I then went back to the iPad and made the changes again and renamed it to something different. I went back to the iPhone, but the new name never shows up. What can I do to fix this?

No answers but a similar issue - I started putting shortcuts in folders last night on my ipad and this morning on my phone the folders are there but they are empty.

Flick the Shortcuts sync option off and on again.

That didn’t help.

(Why is there a 20 character minimum for replies?)

1 Like

I figured out the Shortcuts syncing issues

I don’t know how many of these things matter, but here are all the things I did to fix the syncing, which is now working reliably again.

1. I noticed that every existing shortcut had a conflict. One was a version from the day I upgraded to iOS 14, the other some other date in the past. So I went through every single shortcut and resolved the conflict. I did it both on iPad and iPhone.
  2. I turned off sync on both devices and turned it back on.
  3. I turned on Allow Untrusted Shortcuts on both (The iPad had this on, the iPhone off, so I made them the same)
  4. I deleted a bunch of shortcuts I never use, now I just have a handful

After all this, the Shortcuts now sync. I can make a change on either iPad or iPhone and it will reflect on the other device.

I suspect the upgrade from 13 to 14 created this conflict issue and that was probably what was stopping the sync.

1 Like

You got it working again! Yay!

(Sorry my previous tip wasn’t helpful, it worked for me).