System Preference Permissions Missing...Help Needed

Hi there fellow MPU.

On Friday my Mac mini M1 had an update requiring a system restart so on my way out the door I let it update. I came back today and after booting up, I had a bunch of different programs ask for various system setting permissions (stream deck, bartender, cleanshot x, etc). When I go to my system settings —> Full Disk Access, it shows it blank as if ive never given any permissions to it. When I click the “+” add button and select a program, it does not add anything and still shows it blank.

If anyone has any idea what I can do to fix this, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Don

On my system, when I clicked the “+” button, I was asked to authenticate my Mac account.

Does this happen on your system?

Also, try restarting again:

2 Likes

It worked…you saved my day!

Thanks so much.

Don

1 Like

I’ve had that problem numerous times since updating to Ventura and rebooting is the only thing that seems to work.

2 Likes

Purely in passing although earlier releases of Ventura were horrible for permissions problems on reboots 13.4 has completely cured the problem for me. If anyone is still experiencing problems and has not upgraded to 13.4 I strongly recommend the upgrade.

Stephen

1 Like