Text/Email Customer Support

As I sit here on hold for over 2 hours waiting on CenturyLink, probably for them not to fix my problem, I was wondering what the community thought about Text/Email support.

I used email tech support with my Abode security system and it worked well. I was able to respond when I had time and wanted to. It took longer to resolve my issue but it was done on my time, not theirs, and my problem was actually solved.

*Update: After 2 1/2 hrs on hold it only took about 20 minutes for them to figure out there is a problem with the fiber line itself, something that could have easily been figured out through an email/text.

Email support with small development shops is almost always good in my experience. Chat support with Amazon is surprisingly effective.

2 Likes

I’ve used chat with Dish support and it always worked better than calling. When traveling in our RV I have to contact them when we move to change the local stations we receive. I have a prepared note with the information in it needs just copy that into the chat. No miscommunication.

I also use email support for non-time sensitive issues.

1 Like

I had good luck with CenturyLink in the past, and I do ok with Comcast now. The secret, for me, is to get someone in Tech Support (not Customer Support). Of course, a lot of times that’s easier said than done.

That’s what I was waiting 2 1/2 hours for, Tech Support. Once I got them it was fast.