Texting from the Mac

I love the ability to text my non-Apple friends from my Mac, but it fails when I try to combine the two groups (Apple and non-Apple). Is there a work around for this?

I’ve never been able to get that to work either. It would be great if there is a trick that makes it work.

If you can’t get your non-Apple friends to switch to Apple, unfortunately you have to switch your non-Apple friends. It’s usually a non-reversible action but the upgraded friends are more compatible with your existing workflows which is nice.

2 Likes

Nope, that does not work. I would consider other, cross-platform messaging platforms, such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Slack, Signal …

What problems do you have? I use Messages on my Mac with everyone I know, blue bubble and green bubble. The only issue I’ve ever had is that with some people long texts get broken into separate bubbles and sometimes recipients get them out of order.

The issue is you can’t have blue bubble and green bubble people in the same group. In my immediate family everyone has iPhone’s so it’s all good, but some people in the extended family have Android devices, so they can’t all be included in the same messages.

1 Like

Ah. I almost never do group messaging so I don’t think I’ve encountered that. Sorry to hear about the problem.

Yes, but then everyone has to be on those platforms. Messaging is ubiquitous.

One way to look at it!