The coolest plugin ever for Stream Deck + Keyboard Maestro Users

I know that many of us here use the Stream Deck as well as the ever-amazing Keyboard Maestro. Many thanks to @MacSparky for leading the way on this. I absolutely love my Stream Deck as it is the best macro launcher I have ever used (anybody else ever use RPG Keys? Contour Shuttle Pro?).

As many of you know, Keyboard Maestro 9 updated to include support for the Elgato Stream Deck. The tough thing about this however, is that it maps your Keyboard Maestro macro to a specific key, and if you have multiple profiles, then that key will conflict if you put another Keyboard Maestro macro on the same key in another profile. Wah wah…

Well, check this out! User Corcules over on the Keyboard Maestro forums created an alternate version of the Keyboard Maestro Stream Deck plugin where you simply choose from a list! Goodbye Stream Deck key conflicts!

But here is the coolest part, if you use the Stream Deck to launch Keyboard Maestro macros, you DON’T EVEN HAVE TO SET A TRIGGER on the macro anymore! Just adding it via the plugin will allow you to fire it from the Stream Deck! This plugin is even making me re-think the way I use and create Keyboard Maestro macros. People, this is just wicked cool automation and something that @MacSparky should definitely include in the upcoming Keyboard Maestro Field Guide update. :wink:

Check it out! Let me know what you think!

6 Likes

This is amazing. Every time I think the Stream Deck can’t get better, it does.

1 Like

I’m really intrigued by this, but afraid to mess with my very delicate work-around, haha!

Thanks for sharing this. I’m only a day into playing with Stream Deck and ran into a conflict. This worked perfectly!

I had the exact same experience. Trying to use KM’s defaut plugin lasted about 4minutes for me until I realized that it didn’t switch with themes. THis plugin has redefined everything for me. I don’t even need set triggers for my macros anymore. Glad it helped.