The End of The MacCast

I’m needing to share my sadness over the end of the podcast The MacCast. I’ve been listening to Adam Christiansen for even longer than I’ve been listening to MPU (19 years!). Adam’s take on Apple news was always measured and insightful. I’ll miss him, and might follow him over to Mac Geek Gab.

3 Likes

It’s really amazing that he did it for so long. I always liked his style and always felt he was talking to me directly. I must admit that I haven’t been listening to him much in recent years since I retired and used my commute time for podcasts. My listening has been considerably reduced, usually just MPU, Mac OS Ken (played at 1.5x speed), and a bit of Mac Break Weekly which I never get all the way through.

Sadly Mac Geek Lab, while having lots of deep content, is hard to listen to, having too many hosts, at least one of which has a grating (to me) voice. Adam just seems out of place and sounds a bit uncomfortable with the format.

1 Like

Are you thinking of ATP and whiny Marco Arment? Mac Geek Gab had the same number of hosts as MPU (Dave and John previously, but now Dave and Pete). Adam will bring a nice balance to the always amped up Dave and Pete. For Mac user content, I learn more from MGG than all of my other podcasts combined. It’s a veritable firehose of tips and new app info for the Mac with just a sprinkling of iOS…

1 Like

Yes, but it seems to be full of people and out of control. MPU is structured while MGL seems like a gab fest. I’ll keep trying it out, but it just seems like Adam is being buried alive. Makes me feel uncomfortable.

1 Like

The word GAB is in the title. :smiley:

I am glad there are lots of options for all of us. I just want mac info…