The Focused Calendar

Seeing this calendar, started me down a path that I never expected. I can’t remember the last time I had a calendar hanging on the wall. But I’m intrigued.

But then I started reading messages about what day the week should start at. I’ve never thought any option except for Sunday as that is what I’ve always known it to be. But after seeing @bowline’s post above about keeping the weekend together, that seems like a much better option. But I’m wondering how I’m going to break what I’ve been accustomed to seeing for 50 years.

I’ve just changed all my digital calendars to Mon first and see how that works out. And then in a couple of weeks, I’ll decide whether I want a Mon or Sun first wall calendar.

Unfortunately, I would buy a dry erase version because I make too many mistakes so the Focused calendar won’t work for me.

The biggest confusion (which I still encounter) is when looking at someone else’s paper or electronic calendars; you need to make the adjustment in your mind or else you want to schedule things on Sunday!

The international standard starts the week on Monday, but then again, the international standard is for the metric system. :wink: (Canada and Australia also pretty much standardized with Sunday first, but it’s a decided minority.) Also, I was once told that some Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia consider Sunday the first day of the work week.

My first thought on looking at someone else’s calendar is that that is a problem so why create one when I don’t have to. But then I realized that I almost never look at someone else’s calendar.

1 Like

Just wanted to follow up and share what my NeuYear calendar looks like:

If you’ve got one, share it here! And if you have questions about mine, I’ll be happy to answer :slight_smile:

I spy Macstock :peace_symbol: :heart: :desktop_computer:

2 Likes