The Official "Show Time" Apple Event Thread

Yep, US again. If they’d only give us the news app

Ooh, Apple Pay is next! Please come to Austria… Having had it in the UK it’s really a bummer not to be able to use it anymore!

1 Like

So, are they killing Texture?

I just want them to stop fighting with the main banks here so we can finally use Wallet with all our cards…

1 Like

Okay… NEW YORKER and WSJ make it worth $10/month. Looks like I’m in.

4 Likes

Yah. Just canceled my Texture subscription.

Australia’s getting a lot of love in this event. 99% Apple Pay acceptance.

2 Likes

Ventra! Goodbye to their horrible app.

Didn’t Chicago already accept Apple Pay on transit? I remember a sign to that effect at O’Hare when I was there for MPU live a few weeks ago.

Any Chicagoans able to shed light on this?

Apple Card! My god. I did not expect this.

2 Likes

I’m no expert, but as the resident Australian…I think it’s because it uses the standard “Paywave” technology that all the banks are already using in their cards now…so I don’t think it requires anything additional to accept Apple Pay.

1 Like

Same here in Canada, though it’s branded “Interac Flash” here.

I like the look of this Apple Card, I would tell people about the app for my credit card - but you’d all run away screaming. (It doesn’t even support pin code unlock, let alone iPhone X(s) screen formats…)

So, Europe? And what about those foreign currency fees? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Apple Card is a bit of a YNAB killer, perhaps. (I say this as a big fan of YNAB.)

2 Likes

No envelope budgeting, though? That’s the most import part of YNAB for me (as, again, a sad Australian who does’t get direct import yet…)

3 Likes

Seems more like a Mint killer than a YNAB killer. YNAB is much more about budgeting in advance, not just categorizing spending after the fact.

4 Likes

“Cash. Like Real Cash.”

5 Likes

Apple Card can’t replace YNAB unless they start showing checking and savings account activity, other cards, etc.

2 Likes

LOVE the daily cash. Finally gives me a reason to use Apple Pay Cash.

2 Likes

Seems worth getting Apple Card if only for the 3% cash back when buying directly from Apple.