The ultimate news aggregation app

Hi there,

I have 4 main sources of direct and aggregated news/contents:

• RSS => Managed by Feedly / Read chronologically in Reeder
  • Private Twitter lists => Read chronologically in Tweetbot
  • Discourse boards (MPU, Drafts, Keyboard Maestro, Automators, etc…) => Read in Fig on IOS or directly in desktop browser
  • Selection of newsletters (Macstories, Hacker Newsletter, Recommendo, etc…) => Read in email client (Spark)

Bonus:

• Some subreddits
  • Apple news
  • Producthunt
  • News Y-combinator

Do you know a tool, free or paid, that can combine several or all of my main news sources in a single mobile, desktop or web app? Ideally, keeping the chronologically/mark-as-read format? Thanks in advance for the recommendations :pray:t2:

I think you can replicate very nearly all of that in Inoreader.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice! Seems that I stuck with Feedly for too long.
I checked Inoreader and was a bit deterred by the set limitations on newsletters and social profiles.
So I kept digging in that direction and found this post on news ycombinator, someone there is following my train of thought and describing his setup with Feedbin.
I spent some time setting up and I am happy to report that it can take all of my news sources without limit and I can read it all from Reeder on any of my devices.
With everything centralized, I hope to save heaps of time, well worth the $5 of the subscription!

2 Likes

You can use the RSS reader feature of Devonthink. Since it is scriptable, it has almost unlimited potential to tweak it for whatever behavior you wish.

2 Likes

Thanks. Just set up my first Twitter list in Feedbin. I had no idea that it was that easy. I can also see this as a great way to follow individual writers who may or may not have separate RSS streams.

1 Like