Things That I LIKE About IOS 13.1 and iPad OS So Far

Back in July people reported problems using Magic Mouse 2, but that problem apparently disappeared with a later beta in August.

1 Like

Thanks for the headā€™s up. :grinning:

Iā€™m loving the Swipe keyboard. Iā€™m bummed it doesnā€™t work on the iPad though. Is that just me? Is there a way to enable it?

1 Like

Have not managed to get any on my Magic Mouse II models to work with it.

• multible swipe over apps (changed the world for me)
  • Floating keyboard
  • New share sheet
  • Reminders app
  • Music with scrolling lyrics
  • Wig-its on the homescreen

It works with the floating keyboard, which has become my default because of this. I do have to switch back occasionally though because extra things like text formatting in the Notes app canā€™t be done, which is quite jarring.
Overall I love it though.

1 Like

File management, being able to copy all kinds of files with the Files App. To be able to backup photoā€™s and videos from my camera to a SSD with my phone or iPad, no need to take a MacBook with me anymore.

Iā€™ll mention thing I DONā€™T like about iOS 13 is the button for the reader view in safari on iPad. I miss the one click to get into reader view. Itā€™s much slower now. I used to be able to click it and get to reading before all the ads had loaded on the page. Now I have to wait for the ads to load for the contextual reader view to even appear. Iā€™m in a rural area with satellite WiFi, so this may affect my use case. I use reader view about 80% of the time so this one small thing is actually quite annoying to me.

Oh thank goodness for this tip! I have missed thisā€¦ makes for an inferior keyboard in my mind.