Thinking about a desk shelf

Well, damnit…
I looked for two weeks, agonized for one week, and finally ordered a shelf.

Since it’s shipped from a different continent I couldn’t justify the mat and organizer I wanted - that’ll have to be “locally sourced” :wink:

Went with the Walnut plywood shelf.

Now, here’s the annoying thing: My monitor won’t actually even FIT on the damned thing! It’s a Samsung G9, and the foot is huge - so I have to get a VESA mount to make the display fit with the DISPLAY SHELF!!!

AND I STILL ORDERED IT!!!

If I got rich, I would get poor soooo fast…

Got it. Built it. Loving it.

It did fall apart once when I was moving it, but then I’m not going to be sliding it around much.

Oh, and the Samsung G9 actually sits just with the rear part of the stand hanging off the back - no idea how, but if it falls back it’s just going to hit the wall two inches away, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
Physics…

Aha! I have almos the same cheap one from Amazon but bamboo all over. Very solid. And you can reverse the drawers to make them “secret”.

What I like about this size rather than double-wide, is that I have a second monitor in portrait orientation. This lifts the landscape monitor to align right in the middle, which is very nice.

I saw this post and looked through a few options myself for my M1 iMac setup. I didn’t need a particularly large shelf since I have my second monitor on a VESA mount, so I ended up going with a different IKEA solution than @ChrisUpchurch, the IKEA Elloven Monitor Stand with Drawer. It’s pretty basic, but works exactly as I hoped it would.

1 Like

My wife uses the same one and loves it.

Just to throw another option, I bought this from TGMastery on Etsy:

It’s similar pricing to what you were looking at, but I’m really happy with it. Although, it may be a problem if/when I go down the Studio route