This one specific auto-correct is killing me

My iPhone keeps correcting “thank you” to “tha k you” and it is infuriating, my job requires text communication with coworkers all throughout the day and it takes so long to correct it. I’ve tried to override the auto-correct by just typing thank you over and over and over again but that didn’t work. I can’t add it to keyboard->text replacement because its a multi-word phrase. Any other ideas? This is slowly driving me insane.

Stupid question because you’ve been in the right section… are you sure the wrong thank you isn’t in the auto correct location?

I can kinda replicate your issue like this:

If you’re typing thank you quickly enough you’ll think it is changing the phrase as oppose the word.

If it is not in the Text Replacement Section already, I just got the idea (but did not tested it yet!) if you can add the wrong phrase to the Text Replacement Section, and then have it replaced by the right one.

I’m going to gently suggest that this is not autocorrect; it’s you tapping the space bar when you intend to tap the N key. I do this (and similar things) all the time.

It is still a failure of autocorrect, though, in that it should see “tha k” and realized you mean “thank.” Certainly, if you type “thamk” it will change it to “thank.” This is essentially the same thing.

Sadly, Apple does not allow spaces in text replacements, so you can’t have “tha k” be automatically transformed into “thank.”

1 Like

I also wind up tying tha k way too often. I wish autocorrect would start catching it.

What if you create a text replacement of something like ‘tx’ which expands to ‘thank you’? Would it stay like that after expansion or would that then it get auto-corrected to ‘tha k you’?

2 Likes

So in trying to figure this out I now have the same problem :rofl:

1 Like