Thoughts on e-ink tablets?

I totally empathize. I was thinking about this last night and I definitely have forced constraints when it comes to things like the news, where my superpowers fail. Whatever it takes. :wink:

3 Likes

I forget which podcast it was where you were talking about delegating to other people, but this kind of feels like that sort of thing. If the issue is distraction, and somebody can “hire an assistant” (an e-ink tablet) for a few hundred bucks that actually gains them a couple hours more productive time each week by minimizing distractions, that could definitely be a potentially-useful investment.

3 Likes

An exact analogy for Clay Christensen’s milkshakes:

2 Likes

That’s a really cool video - thanks! Reminds me of something I read in a book about marketing once. Basically the idea that the competitor to the big-screen TV you’re selling probably isn’t another big-screen TV - it’s probably something you’ve never even thought of like a family vacation, a kid’s college fund, etc.

1 Like

Couldn’t get the time alone with it and the demo (by said SIL) was a little underwhelming. He had the base pencil and a Staedler pencil, both were quite interesting to use. I did love the calligraphy style, that was great.

He showed me how he used it but, yes, for me, I’d need a good day or so to play and work on a workflow. He says he has ditched all notebooks, for now at least, and he is really happy with it. So that is a great recommendation.

I’ll start with a paper like screen protector for my iPad mini for now and see how that goes.

Also at AUD750 it’s a lot to spend, though the 100 days trial is very generous!

2 Likes

Was just looking at the Supernote site, and they have a third-party Kindle app.

Supernote looks good, but there’s a lot going on there, and I wonder if it would not have the “zen” (for lack of a better word) of the reMarkable? It seems like it would be ideal as a bullet journal replacement, for instance. But, it seems “computery” to me.

The Good e-Reader website seems to have most devices, including the 42” Quilla!

https://goodereaderstore.com/products/quirklogic-quilla?_pos=10&_sid=6e0da72b0&_ss=r

1 Like

Yep. You need to connect your Dropbox account. From there, you can download books directly onto your Sage.

1 Like

I just need the ability to read in addition to taking notes so the ability to access certain webapps is a must. I haven’t used any epaper devices apart from the Kindle but I suspect the ideal would be an android based device such as the Supernote. Still doing my research and in no rush.