I was wondering if someone can
- shed some light on this topic
- outline your own flow
I decided not to overburden my Synology NAS with continuous Time Machine Backups, mainly because it seems that every MacOS update has always caused some issue with doing a TM backup to Synology. All that aside.
For the last 4 months, I have experimented with the following setup.
- 4 TB Passport (sits on desk, always connected) - sole job is Time Machine daily.
- 4 TB Passport (sits on desk, always connected) - sole job is running CCC daily.
It works great, but the only thing I noticed (that I am hoping someone can answer)
- Spotlight has become sluggish and isn’t as fast as it was prior to this setup.
- Example, if I type into Spotlight (any item I am looking for) 1) sluggish 2) I am presented with 2 copies, the copy on my mac locally and the copy on CCC.
Does anyone have a similar setup? Anyone have the same issue? Is there something I overlooked in the settings?