To ask Siri quit an app, save a file, or paste and match style

I try to figure out whether it is possible to do any of the following:

• To ask Siri to quit an app. I do know Siri cannot quit apps by default. But maybe there is a trick for this? A custom shortcut (that is, a shortcut used by the Shortcuts app) maybe?
  • To ask Siri to save the file. I do know macOS save files automatically, but manual save is sometimes preferable nevertheless.
  • To ask Siri to do “Paste and Match Style” in Keynote and Pages. I tried “Hey Siri, Paste and Match Style”, “Hey Siri, press Control-Command-Shift-V”, and “Hey Siri, click Edit and then click Paste and Match Style”, none of which seems to work.

Any suggestions? Cheers.

And sorry for “spamming” the forum with new and new questions. There are actually not so many places on the Internet to get help with Mac-related questions.

1 Like

All questions cheerfully accepted, but we can’t guarantee an answer. :grinning:

I don’t know how Siri works. AFAIK, when I say “hey Siri” my commands are converted to text and then something like a shortcut is triggered. It can’t learn new commands but it can make some adjustments. For example, if my wife’s info is in the Contacts app, I can say “Susan is my wife”, which will allow me to say “Hey Siri, Call my wife”, etc.

It’s been reported that it is difficult to modify Siri and changes to the system can take weeks or longer. But Apple says that it will be spending $ Billions on AI and is planning big changes to Siri.