Too much time in this forum?

I don’t use Facebook and Twitter. I occasionally visit some subreddit but that’s it. I like hanging out here because I get to learn new stuff and people are nice/respectful even though there are heated discussions from time to time.

BTW, MPU was the only thing I checked on Facebook. Good thing the forum has moved out.

1 Like

Me too. I go on FB once a week, if that, and usually I am looking for someone specific.

As someone who started on IBM internal FORUMs (note capitalisation) :slight_smile: in 1986 and adopted Twitter etc in 2007 I see an abroken line between them.

So, I consider this to be social media. And each site and service has its own proclivities.

It’s the same in my teaching job, I don’t give out enough stars/hearts…

I have this site as my only online forum-type place, and I don’t use social media (except Twitter to follow Richard Barrow, now ThaiNewsReport, during the heat of a coup, flood, coup, pandemic), and I’ve even cut back on news by subscribing to Six Colors s my only news feed, and only MPU and Upgrade as regular Mac-centric podcasts.

My resolve to abstain has been greatly assisted by building a house whilst switching between online and on-site teaching this last year or so; I have had close to zero spare time.

1 Like

I remember when I got the the notification that I visited everyday for a whole year. A mix of emotions lol.

3 Likes

I don’t use social media but love forums. I also frequent quite a few others, although this is the one I go to every day. This is a wonderful community, and worth every second.

3 Likes

Pretty tame stats on my end. Although I am probably newer to the forum than a lot of other people here.

I like this forum because there are productive discussions on tech/Apple issues, which isn’t something you find very often elsewhere on the internet. And I think the moderation here is quite good too, not too heavy-handed but ready to step in if things cross the line.

4 Likes

I heard this is the place to flex about time on the forum :eyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the only social media I am on tho

1 Like

ROFLHO! So very cute!