Too much time in this forum?

I’m trying to decide if I should feel guilty about this. That is a lot of time spent here. :flushed: My one consolation is that this is my ONLY social media activity.

9 Likes

Looks like I have some competition!

2 Likes

No, you’re away ahead of me, and you give out a whole lot more love than I do. :heart: :joy:

4 Likes

I think it will look good if you’re ever applying for a job as a “social media manager”.

2 Likes

I wish I could say this is my only social media outlet.

Now we know where those server errors are coming from! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, this is impressive work. I’ve got a ways to go…

IMG_0514

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m on the Reddit dopamine drip.
Not as much as I was twitch twitch.

2 Likes

Given that this is my only social media account I am sure that I would be the top candidate. :joy:

I, for one, certainly enjoy your posts. I think you ought to come by more often!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I visit often too. But I feel better knowing my loiter time here isn’t far behind, or ahead of, you and @JohnAtl :grinning:

2 Likes

That was nice, I’d give two :heart: if possible! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Does this place count as “social media” in the first place? I have always thought of it as a forum.

People are social on this forum.

1 Like

I meant “social media” as in websites like Facebook, Twitter, etc…

Yes, I do know that. :grinning:

We’ll, for me it is as close to SM as I get. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s a holy-wars issue, but I think generally in a “social media” environment the content revolves around the user, where in a forum the content revolves around topics. We don’t have a “Barrett stream” on MPU that is threaded together with all the other user streams, but we have numerous semi-conversational topics that Barrett initiates and/or participates in. Same for all of us.

3 Likes

What is too much if you are having fun? I learn something new here every day!

Can’t say that of most social media.
I left everything Facebook and Google long time ago. Felt like a waste of valuable time and contributing to ads and more ads.

On MPU I learn every day and it also feels good to help others and share ideas. Same with my other hobby forum: Roon

My stats are distorted. I was a long time MPU listener and passive forum browser before I plunged in and signed up…

4 Likes

1 Like

Most of my activity here results in my learning something new and/or (hopefully) helping someone learn something new. It seems to me that that’s objectively valuable and probably justifies my time spent here. The fact that I generally enjoy the conversations is a bonus (and the enjoyment is just enough to impart a little guilt :grin: )

5 Likes