Trouble with Continuity Camera and Universal Copy and Paste

Looking to see if anyone else is having this problem and maybe how to resolve it.

I spent about 4 hours with Apple Support yesterday and we were not able to fully resolve this. I was trying to insert an image from my iPhone into a document on my MacBook Pro. I am running IOS 14 on the phone (iPhone XS) and Catalina on my MacBook (2017 MacBook Pro, 15"). Having the phone in close proximity to the MacBook, and, in either Notes, Pages, or on the Desktop, I should be able insert or import an image or scanned document right from the phone to the laptop. Under my user login, the only way I could make this happen was to have the phone connected to the laptop with a cable. Otherwise, all options were greyed out. We also noticed that the phone would not maintain a Bluetooth connection with the laptop. It would drop within 10 - 30 seconds.

We also tried to set up a test user, and the continuity camera would work there, but was a little sluggish.

Apple Support recommended removing several files from my Library, until we found the right one. This will take awhile, and I am a little concerned about doing that given the number of folders and files.

Any thoughts or recommendations? On this laptop, I am running the following Apps:

Apple Notes, Pages, Numbers and Keynote, Mail and Calendar
Microsoft Office for Mac
Adobe Creative Cloud
Google Chrome and Apple Safari
Quicken for Mac
CleanMyMac
Todoist
Evernote
Fantastical

I have never found universal copy and paste that reliable. I haven’t used continuity camera much.

When I’ve got some text I need to get from my phone to the Mac I generally use Tot. It’s syncing has been very fast and reliable. For files, images, etc. I tend to go with AirDrop, Dropbox, iCloud, or SFTP via my Mac mini.

Thanks. I will look into it. I am a bit surprised that I am having trouble with it, as I am not running anything that exotic