Trying to get Consistency on Apple Watch with Notification with text messages

Hi all,

I am Trying to get consistency on Apple Watch with Notification with text messages . I would like the Apple Watch to always vibrate whenever a text message comes in, however it only happens sometimes.

I made sure the focus mode was not on do not disturb off and also tried some of the webpage suggestions so far…

I am checking this page but no consistent success yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

How to Fix It When an Apple Watch Is Not Vibrating.

Those are all good suggestions, but I would put re-pairing the Apple Watch at the very end. It’s time-consuming and I’ve never had it solve any problems.

What fixed this issue for my mother was, surprisingly, “Reset Network Connections” on her iPhone.

4 Likes

I know, I thought it didn’t vibrate when your messages was open so to speak. I can’t say I fully understand it, mine doesn’t always vibrate for sure but, whenever I need to be alerted to a message I always am.

There are though, in my view, to many permutations with focus and this and that. I have nearly everything unused. Frankly though I love my Mac my iPhone and watch is used by me in the way they would have been 5 or more years ago. Which, by the way, is just great. Partly at the moment I can’t be bothered to learn and fiddle with settings I don’t need.

1 Like

I’ve long had a problem with specifically SMS messages not alerting me at all. At one point I could (fairly) reliably get an alert if I specifically opened the messages app to the last message received, on the phone. Then the next message would alert… and then no more after that.

I find this incredibly frustrating as I get alerts from my work and miss them, sometimes by hours. I have noticed iMessage messages always alert me, so it’s something specific to SMS. As far as I am concerned, it hasn’t worked properly for years.

@margaretamartin I need to try that reset — I remember that from bugs of old. Thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes

Thanks to everybody for the interesting comments.