Uninstall a file

Hello,
I’m trying to uninstall a file for Leapfrog. I was told to uninstall the file by customer support. My question is how long does it take to uninstall? It’s been going for 20 mins now, will it tell me when it’s done??

I’m using a MacBook Pro not sure if that matters

Open activity monitor and search for any activity related to “Leapfrog”. Select the process and (force) quit it. Try again to uninstall.

Cleanmymac does a great job in not only removing the application but all the underlaying files that are scattered throughout the system. If you try to resolve a problem by simply removing an app from the applications folder and add it back in again. Chances are the problem will reoccur because the files that support th app (.plist, cash files, containers, etc) will make the app start the same way over…

Thank you. I will try that. I never had to do this before. Leapfrog support sent me a link to click on and told me what to do from there link but it’s a pain cause I can’t tell if it’s gone or not. I will try your way. Leapfrog stuff is a pain in the but, I feel like I should’ve just got my daughter an iPad.

Send us the link to this app

This is what they sent me…

Thank you for contacting LeapFrog Customer Support.

To uninstall the LeapFrog Connect application from your Mac, please download the LeapFrog Customer Service Utility found here:

https://lfccontent2.leapfrog.com/cs/utilities/LeapFrog_Customer_Service_Utility.dmg

1. Select the option " Uninstall LeapFrog Connect "
  2. Select the uninstall type labeled " Complete. … Like it was never there. " and click ok.
  3. When the uninstall process is complete, reboot your Mac.
  4. Download the latest LeapFrog Connect installer for your device at LeapFrog.com/Connect
  5. Install the LeapFrog Connect software application.
  6. Connect and power on your LeapFrog device

If you have any further concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
LeapFrog Customer Support.

If you already deleted some files manually their uninstaller might be confused and hang. Reinstall the software and run the uninstaller again.