Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) for Mac Studio Suggestions

I know nothing about UPS’s.

I’m looking for suggestions about what would be the requirements for a UPS to use with the Mac Studio I have on order.

Which UPS vendors do folks recommend?

1 Like

I have a CyberPower UPS that has been reliable for three years now.
Basically, the higher the numbers, the longer it will run your system.
They have a tool that will recommend a UPS.

2 Likes

I have this APS model. It’s been good for me so far.

1 Like

I have an Eaton 1500kva . There a number of their Eaton models that you can chosse to suit your application

1 Like

I’ve been using APC UPSs for years. Other than expected battery replacements, I’ve never had any issues with them.
Regards,
Bud

1 Like

regardless of which UPS is selected, you should check whether you can arrange an orderly shutdown of the Mac in case of extended power outage. The UPS batteries only have limited backup time and may not be enough if the outage is long and in odd hours like starting after midnight. More details are contained on this site

If you want to have this option, you should check whether the UPS can provide the input to tricker the shutdown

2 Likes

I have 3 of the CyberPower units. Get them at Costco. Run time isn’t that important for me as I have an automatic backup generator so only needs a few minutes capability. The CyberPower software could be better. The option to send an email when there’s a power failure only works on Windows.

1 Like

APC units i own all have a USB port to connect to my Mac for an orderly shut down after a preset time or remaining battery back up %.

1 Like