UPDATE: 1Password problems - anyone else having problems with 1PW in Sonoma?

UPDATE 20 Dec 2023: Problem resolved. See post # 10 below. 1PW support was helpful, latest 1PW for Safari update resolved the issue.

I have encountered problems with 1Password and the 1PW browser extension for Safari on my two Macs - M1 Max Mac Studio and M1 Max MacBook Pro. Both are updated to macOS Sonoma 14.2 (including Safari 17.2) and to the latest versions of 1Password 8 (version 8.10.22).

Using 1password safari extension to log into websites consistently results in multiple errors. This occurs on multiple websites. Identical errors occur on both computers. Has anyone else experienced these errors? See screenshot below.

First, the browser extension dropdown list (that is supposed to show the pertinent website sign-in info) is VERY slow. I have never seen this behavior before in my several years of using 1PW.

Second, a popup appears “Oops, something went wrong …” I followed the link for “more information” and followed ALL of the instructions, signing in to 1PW online, updating, linking the 1PW extension, quit/relaunch Safari, ensuring proper 1PW Extension settings … etc.

Third, after going through all of the above, the dropdown list appears showing the website login info after a long delay. When there is more than one entry (for example, two possible logins for one website), 1PW does not work to go to the 2nd of two logins. Example - I have my wife’s login and my login for amazon.com stored in our shared 1PW vault. I try to select my login (the 2nd choice) on the 1PW extension dropdown list, but this does not work. The 1PW extension dropdown stays stuck to the first login entry in the list.

Repeated tries result in the “Oops, something went wrong …” error message.

I have updated macOS (and Safari), updated 1Password8, uninstalled, updated and re-installed the 1PW browser extension, all without resolution of the problems.

I contaced 1PW support, resulting in email exchanges and requests for screenshots, console logs and 1PW diagnostics. No resolution has been forthcoming yet.

Is it time to ditch 1PW and change to another password manager, perhaps Bitwarden?

Yep, you’ve got something wrong. Latest versions here as well but I can select the second login on amazon.com

Strange. Mine behaves normally as well. Could it be another Safari extension somehow interfering, that you have installed on both of those Macs? You could try disabling any extensions. What else might they have in common?

Everything working fine here (but unfortunately I still have an Intel Mac).

I think I found the problem (highlighted above) :grin:

I’ve had no issues w/ 1PW8 using Chrome and Arc on Sonoma, and I’ve been on Sonoma betas until last week. (M1 MBAir).

I rarely touch Safari. But I just tested it on Safari w/ multiple extensions and never ran into any errors.

I’m not sure this is totally related but 1Password is beyond sluggish for me with Safari. Often times I have to reload a website multiple times before it’ll show my logins. I went so far as to just disable to form overlay because it’s easier just to invoke the global command and fill the login from there. I also find the overlay to always take over and block other system level things like 2FA codes and contact autofill.

I do believe it’s mostly Safari though as I don’t experience this behavior as much in Firefox, Brave, Arc, etc…

I have been having issues with the app extension not working properly in Safari for probably a month. I’m not sure what’s going on, but it used to pop up automatically on the login fields, and it no longer works. I have to tap on the extension icon, then login, then go back and select the “autofill” button. I haven’t had time to dive into it but I’m interested to hear if you get a resolution.

Using Safari in Ventura and Catalina, I haven’t had the “Oops, something went wrong dialog”.

However, I have noticed (perhaps more so in Ventura than Catalina) slowness in the dropdown boxes.

The impression I have is that the computer is trying to force me to use Keychain Access - which I don’t have thes passwords stored in.

1Password has acknowledged the issues with their extension on Safari via Reddit. I’ve been using Safari on and off but I keep switching back to a Chromium based browser because of the ongoing issues.

2 Likes

Follow-up for the 1Password problem: Problem resolved, 1PW and the 1PW Safari extension now work properly on both of my Macs running the latest macOS update, macOS Sonoma 14.2.1. Response times of the 1PW Safari extension drop-down list of logins is MUCH faster, as is the auto-fill of login usernames and passwords into various website login pages. These responses are now virtually instantaneous … very impressive improvement.

Based on back-and-forth emails from 1PW support, the problem was fixed with the latest 1PW and 1PW extension update. Version 2.18.2 of 1Password extension for Safari fixed a CPU spike issue that caused a memory leak in Safari, according to 1PW Customer Support rep. Reading between the lines of the 1PW support emails, the most recent macOS Sonoma updates may have helped resolve the issue as well.

Thank you for all who replied - @richrossi, @Wrothnie, @kevin4, @kennonb, @dixonge, @rob, @tomalmy, @cornchip.

4 Likes

Thank you, this post led me to try updating the app again and now it seems to work fine. Just another reason why I love this Mac Power Users community.