Upgraded to Mojave, now my battery runs flat in sleep mode!

My late 2013 retina Macbook Pro used to be fine and would sleep for days. Now after installing MacOS Mojave it is down to 30% overnight :frowning_face::frowning_face:
Searching the internet this was listed as a widespread problem https://appletoolbox.com/2018/10/how-to-fix-macos-mojave-battery-draining-issue/ and I have done all the steps listed here including SMC reset. Only thing I have not done is to wipe my Macbook and do a total re-install. I’m on 10.14.15 OS version so fully up-to-date and it is still a real problem.

Do others suffer this? Is any news Apple are actually trying to fix this. I now have to shut my computer down overnight losing one of the great Mac benefits of quick sleep/start.
Thanks for any advice.

(1)

For some a battery fix was been found when turning off ‘Find My Mac’

user@macbookpro $ sudo pmset -b tcpkeepalive 0

Warning: This option disables TCP Keep Alive mechanism when sytem is sleeping. This will result in some critical features like ‘Find My Mac’ not to function properly.

(2)

This article offers another Terminal command as a fix:

Before you go crazy with this, make sure Spotlight is done reindexing.

I upgraded a 2016 MBP a few weeks back with no battery issues after the first day or two.

Use the console app to determine if there is a misbehaving app or which app(s) or background processes claim a lot of time.

Thanks, I just tried the tcpkeepalive one. The rest of the article listed I already tried a few times.

1 Like