Use iPhone as webcam - alternatives to EpocCam?

sigh

I paid for an annual subscription and haven’t been able to use it because it still doesn’t have green screen support.

Now they’re offering a lifetime subscription for the price of 2 years.

Should have waited.

That’s a shame, £34.99 a year does seem a little over priced to me, but I am tempted by the lifetime, I’ve used it twice today for calls and it worked well. Not sure how long that lifetime license will be around so I might bite.

I just contacted Camo Support and they will have an upgrade mechanism in place from a single license to lifetime. For now, they gave me a code which credited my first year of Camo Pro so Could upgrade to lifetime for only $39.99.

Pretty sweet customer service!

2 Likes

Switched back to my Logitech Brio since the firmware fixed the color temperature issue.

@tjluoma If you haven’t already, I recommend reaching out to Reincubate about an upgrade path to the Lifetime License. I’ve found they’re a great company to deal with.

I did, and they have offered the same plan that @Dennis mentioned. Just came back here to mention that. And they reiterated that they are planning to have a way to do this for everyone.

3 Likes

Any comparisons between EpocCam Pro ($8) and Camo ($90)? I’m trying both right now and it’s a little difficult to justify the 10x difference.

The one benefit of Camo that I see is the desktop app… But is it worth it?

Ressurecting this to say I have started using Camo and am hugely impressed compared with iMac webcam. The iPhone 12 camera system also solves my lighting issues, all looking great now.

I don’t mind the price, especially comparing to using a digital camera/capture card etc. And Camo do offer a 15% educational discount.

1 Like

Also don’t miss that they offer a onetime purchase option for $80.

1 Like

Camo is free for educators. Send them an email per instructions here Reincubate Camo - Use your phone as a pro webcam, free

Lisa

That is very odd. I sent them an email asking about educational discount and they emailed me a code for 15% discount. Nobody mentioned free.

Oops. I think I misremembered. I was recently pleased to get Miro for free for teaching. I conflated that with Camo which I bought a year ago. That discount sounds right. Sorry!

1 Like