Using Logitech webcams on Mac

The page requires you to click on “All downloads” so I thought it was gone, (it isn’t) but I also found it on the c930 downloads page here: https://prosupport.logi.com/hc/sv/articles/360040083133-Downloads-Webcam-C930e and it works fine with my c922 on 10.15.4.

All, the latest version of the Camera Settings software is 3.0.12. Works fine with Catalina 10.15.4.

Any idea how to get the widescreen setting to “stick”? I have to go into Camera Settings and change it back to widescreen after each reboot.

I realize this is an old thread but I wanted to post this for anyone who needs it.

Adorama has beta software posted for Mac. save me!

Looks interesting. Lots of functions I probably would not use but good to see Logitech improving this area.

Hello
did anyone try to use the “logitech capture” software with Mac ? It seems to give a good control over webcam, but mine does not recognize my webcams, the logitech or the Mac one. Here is the link : https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/capture

Thanks in advance.

On my Macbook Pro (mid 2012) with MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 the Logitech Capture software keeps crashing at startup of this software. I have a new Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam.
I installed Logitech G Hub software. That works fine, but it has less features.

Dear friends,

I have a Logitech c920e web cam that was working ok on my MacBook Air M1 with Monterrey OS, but suddenly it stop working, I was not recognized, by the way, I have my Mac connected to a Samsung ultrawide monitor, and the webcam is connected to one of the USB ports on the monitor.

After some time and troubleshooting I just changed the USB-C port on my Mac which only has two USB-C ports, so I just changed the connection from one to the other and it solved the problem.

Good luck!

So glad I found this thread! I was having a very frustrating time trying to figure out how to adjust the 920s webcam from my mini m1 Mac. It didn’t come with a software and I didn’t want to pay $7.99 for the “Webcam Settings” app. The Logitech G Hub app is free and does the job.

1 Like

I just tried the G Hub app with my c920s but I was unable to change most of the settings (e.g. zoom, pan, brightness). However, I did find Logi Tune which seems to offer full functionality and works fine under 12.3.1.

For future search-ers’ sake, I’ll add “iGlasses” to this list of apps you should check of if this is what you’re trying to do. It has some annoyances, but it allows me to get exactly the field of view I want from my webcams when on meetings.

I second the use of iGlasses. I use it with my built-in cameras too (Old Macbook Airs and Apple Thunderbolt display), to reduce the field of view, which I find way too wide, especially from the Thunderbolt display.

1 Like

I have had a Logitech C920s Pro 1080 Webcam since 2020. The default field of view is too large for my green screen, so I needed an app to zoom in. The various Logitech video apps (logo, GHub) have consistently failed to provide a stable platform, despite my spending several hours trouble shooting and contacting Logitech support and trying multiple versions over several years of use.

I finally bit the bullet and bought Webcam Effects in the App store. In my 4 months of use thus far it has been rock solid and very straightforward to use.

1 Like