Using Numbers instead of a dedicated banking app. Also, we don't discuss Numbers all that much, what's your favorite use?

I came across both in my searches. Use that service to pull account data in is part of my plan if I have to write my own.

As a side note, I have ideas for 5+ applications that I’d like to write. I’m going to write my ideas down and decide which one has the best effort/reward ratio to it. My main language is python, but that probably isn’t going to cut it. I’ll probably need javascript for the Electron and c++ similar for the app itself. /me heads to the library to read software dev books .

If you’re just going for desktop apps, you can get pretty good mileage out of Python via PySide6. No need to resort to Electron :grin:

Follow-up to my previous reply, and a small rant.

What is the deal with Numbers’ toolbar? It seems to severely limit the items you can put up there. Merge cells, alignment, wrap - all the things I use on a regular basis. I have to pop open the Format panel on the right, then look through all four tabs to see where they put each thing I need. What. A. Pain!

I don’t use it often enough to have any keyboard shortcuts memorized, but it would be so nice just to have a quick button to click in the toolbar. You know, like EVERY OTHER spreadsheet has done since the beginning of time.

/rant

2 Likes

Does anybody knows of a good source to learn how to use numbers for this kind of purpose? I have only found the take control book which sadly will be discontinued.

What are you using that free for business? I just started looking at Wave which should be free for my use but open to suggestions.

Here’s a sample file I made for my blog post, it’s an iCloud link, you should be able to download and edit your copy.

For a tutorial, I don’t have any specific beyond my link above but you might try searching macmost.com as he’s posted a lot about Numbers.

2 Likes

Hi there! I liked your blog post and downloaded your template. I hope I can move everything from YNAB to numbers. I’ll check macmost, thanks for suggesting it.

1 Like