Video camera recommendation needed

I use the excellent Webcam Settings app with my Logitech C920, and I find this much better than the Logitech software (https://apps.apple.com/es/app/webcam-settings/id533696630?l=en&mt=12).

2 Likes

I’ve been using Webcam Settings for years. Among other things, I find it helpful to be able to create Profiles (i.e. preset camera settings) that can be accessed from the menu bar. This feature is missing from Logitech’s “Camera Settings” app.

2 Likes

I was looking at microphones for video conference calls as people were struggling to hear me properly. I didn’t want to have to wear headphones anytime someone called or there was a meeting. In the end I figured a speaker phone rather than a standalone mic + computer speakers would be a better option. I managed to get hold of a Jabra 510 which I’ve been really pleased with. So far comments from the people at the other end of the line have all said the sound quality is good too.

It looks like the app was not updated for several years, but was recently updated.

I looked on the website and didn’t see my camera listed as supported, but I wonder if it would work. For $8, it’s probably worth a try.

I also use a Jabra 510, it’s much better than the microphone on the Logitech webcam.

I’m the same as you and hate using headphones for calls. I tried using AirPod Pros for a while but when I heard a recording of the audio quality it was awful, I sounded like a robot! The Logitech mic is better than Bluetooth but still sounds distorted and low definition. The Jabra is in another league for clarity.

1 Like

On the recommendations posted here, I have downloaded the Webcam settings software. £7.99 in the UK. Seems very helpful certainly in terms framing as well as lighting. Thanks for the postings…

It looks like the app was not updated for several years, but was recently updated.

That’s right. It stopped working in Catalina. Fortunately, they eventually released an update to provide compatibility.

I looked on the website and didn’t see my camera listed as supported, but I wonder if it would work. For $8, it’s probably worth a try.

I’ve used it with my Logitech C930e and my AVer CAM340 (4K “Huddle Room” camera). It works consistently well with the Logitech and I got it to work wit the AVer with a bit of fiddling (specifically I discovered that I needed to enable the “Write every setting to webcam” setting for the presets to work).

While WebCam Settings gets the job done, it would be nice to have more options in this space and/or better quality apps from webcam developers. With so many video-conferenced meetings going on at the moment, I think there’s a great opportunity for developers.