Viticci's 'Apple Music Wrapped' Shortcut

If you use Apple Music but want the Spotify “year in review” features, this Shortcut is for you. It’s incredible.

2 Likes

Incredible shortcut! My most listened to songs were a little weird because I listen to different music to workout to but here were my top four artists

Thanks for the tip. I can get the shortcut to generate the PDF (saved to Dropbox option) and create the playlist in Apple Music, but it fails on the display-in-Safari step. Error:

From Federico’s text of the article with the Shortcut:

The other big limitation of Apple Music Wrapped is that it relies on a memory-intensive workaround to open a custom webpage in Safari – that is, it loads a webpage using a data: URL that contains a long base64-encoded representation of the HTML page. This text string includes image assets and JavaScript code as well. For this reason, two things may happen:

• You may receive a “Couldn’t communicate with a helper application” error message at the end of the shortcut. My understanding is that this is a memory-related issue. Usually, you can “fix” it by force-quitting Safari, the Shortcuts app, or both, and trying to run the shortcut again.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

It did, and force quitting both (and then rebooting the iPhone X) fixed the. After it opened in Safari I used Share to save the page to the desktop so I don’t need to run the shortcut again. (Not sure why I would, anyway.) If the shortcut itself could save the page to the desktop instead of opening directly in Safari, then perhaps the out-of-memory error would be avoided?

1 Like