Waking up a Dell P2415Q monitor

Thanks to several contributors on this forum, I’m leaning towards purchasing a Dell P2415Q. I’ve read and heard about some issues which folks are having around waking it up from sleep.

I’m curious to hear all about these experiences from owners.

I’ll be hooking it up to a 2018 Mac Mini as well as a 2015 MacBook Pro.

If you’ve had this issue and have found a fix or work around, I’m curious to hear what that is.

Thank you

No issues with the pair of P2415Qs attached to my iMac (though monitors attached to desktops tend to be less wonky than laptops).

Hi Chris. That’s great to hear. You’re one of my influencers!

I have two connected to my 2016 MacBook Pro 15". I started this setup about a year ago. I’ve never had a problem waking the laptop or the monitors.

I have a P2715Q (the 27" version) that I use with my 2016 MacBook Pro.

I’ve been very happy with the monitor overall, but find that I often need to unplug the video cable then plug it back in after my Mac goes to sleep. Not a big deal, but I’d rather not have to.

I also once ran into an issue once where I couldn’t get the monitor to respond. It seems the monitor may have gotten into a weird state when the monitor cable was loose. Dell Support was excellent and helped me resolve this problem within about 5-10 minutes. It’s been fine ever since.

Correction: the issues I was having were with the U2718Q (the successor to the P2715Q).

I also have a P2715Q, which is great as well. I find I need to turn it on and off to get an image after restarting or starting up my Mac (a minor inconvenience), but other than that it’s been great.

When I needed to buy another monitor, I considered picking up another P2715Q, which was cheaper…but opted for the U2718Q instead. While I really like the P2715Q, the U2718Q is even better. It’s a bit better looking and has some other port options.

I’m using P2715Q+15 early MBP13+DP 1.2
It not only won’t wake up occasionally, but also crashes my mac.