Wanted: inventory/counter App

Does anyone know a good App that makes it easy to keep an inventory of (non-food) items at home?

Some of the things I would like in such an App:

• see the current number of items (example: 50 face masks)
  • easy to decrease the number of items by 1 (by tap/swipe)
  • easy to reset the number of items after a purchase (example: set back to 50)
  • sync between iPhone and iPad (and possibly Apple Watch)
  • modern interface
  • no ads
  • no subscription
  • paid / single IAP is fine

For tracking food I use the excellent FoodShiner. Something similar would be great!

(I know I could use FoodShiner for non-food, but somehow I’d rather separate the two categories)

Shortcuts + Data Jar could do this for you. Maybe even just Shortcuts although I think it would be easier with Data Jar added.

1 Like

True, but I seem to dislike shortcuts, a lot…

1 Like

This two may not meet all your needs but they are good apps.

Sortly immediately wants to sell me a €499,99/year subscription…

Insta-delete!

Orca Scan could work for me (thanks!), though I still hope I find something simpler.

PS: they both require an account; I’d prefer a local (iCloud sync) solution.

• (not local) Airtable’s app has an okay free tier and a good QR scanner integration in the iOS apps
  • (local) https://www.tapforms.com/ - did support QR codes natively when I tried last time, but I did not like the UX
1 Like

I ve been using MyStuff 2 Pro for ages (‎MyStuff2 Pro na App Store). Although it isn´t a modern app anymore, it´s minimally mantained, syncs by iCloud and is non-subcription.

Maybe it could be all you need.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion.

Do you know how to add multiple items of the same kind?

Somehow I’m only able to add unique items, with a count of 1.

I have never used Airtable before, but this might be a good reason to try it out!

You also triggered me to re-think my approach; maybe a simple spreadsheet might do…

You can add the attribute “count” for every category. That way, when you add an item, you can add how many you have.

1 Like

Dang, I didn’t realize it was that much. :grimacing: Sorry about that.

1 Like

Orca Scan immediately demands we set up an online account in order to use the scan data. Delete. I assume it is free because it is consolidating user scan data to sell to marketers.

I did not like the account set up either.

Man, I’m picky…

This App is exactly what I was looking for, except for the fact that it does not sync between iPhone and iPad:

This one does sync, but via a regular file and that seems unstable: