Was it down for everyone or just me?

Site was down for me for almost 24 hours, give or take. Any word from the management?

4 Likes

It didn’t work for me either. Other relay sites seemed to be working fine, or at least automators was working.

1 Like

Same here, down since yesterday evening (Central European Time), the site would not load except for this:

IMG_3842

I thought at first this had something to do with Discourse, but other Discourse sites were working just fine (DEVONthink & Obsidian forums etc.).

1 Like

You could reach the site if you turned off JavaScript, but as expected almost nothing would work. I have no idea what the problem was.

Down for everyone. 20 chars

Thanks, MPU, for coming back up! Appreciate the site and miss it when it’s gone!

2 Likes

@RosemaryOrchard deserves the praise for getting things straightened out!

19 Likes

Thanks to all who fixed the issue @RosemaryOrchard and all who maintain the forum normally.

4 Likes

So glad the site is up and running again. Many thanks to the Administrators of this wonderful Forum!

Maybe it was all the traffic from the people wanting to learn about @MacSparky’s new field guide. :smiley:

1 Like

I want to say thank you for everybody’s efforts to keep this community up and running.

And I may be mistaken, but I think that we are currently experiencing an updated platform that feels quite snappy and does perform very well today.

Thank you again!

While we’re on the topic, what is the fastest way for forum users to do the following?

1. Check on the status of the forum on some 3rd party server
  2. Reach out to ping someone (Rosemary or whomever) to make sure they know that there is an issue
1 Like

I’m glad it is back up. I was dealing with withdrawal symptoms. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Same. I hadn’t realized how much of a resource it has become for me until it wasn’t there! :sob:

1 Like

I waited a while and then Pinged Stephen and David on Mastodon.

1 Like