Watch 7 anyone?

I was originally planning on a refurb S6, but listening to ATP this week I think I’m being swayed toward the S7.

Really need to get into a store to try on both sizes before I can make a decision. Coming from a 42MM S3, the 41MM S7 may be perfectly fine.

Similar - I’ve been using the Instinct Solar but the Green S7 made me reconsider, and I’m yet to find a comfier band than then Apple Sports Loop, as I get annoyed with normal watch loops either being to loose or too tight.

Garmin also has the current benefit of linking with my cycle sensors, whereas the S7 won’t.

Good review, I’ll be visiting DesFit again. I just replaced my Series 2 (which does have a heart rate sensor) with an SE. My S2 didn’t have fall detection and hadn’t been updated since watchOS 6.X, but the battery would still last 24+ hours.

Based on my experience with the Nike+ S2 and the information from this review I can see why today’s S3 might make an excellent fitness watch.

1 Like

Desfit is great. He’s underrated in my opinion as a reviewer. Also a nice guy who responds to questions and feedback. I’ll have to watch this now (dammit :wink:) and see if it’s worth getting the 3 as an interim before the 8 comes out.

I went the single loop as my favourite and still have them after I sold the watch. I know there’ll be another AW in my future.

1 Like

This is what I was thinking, especially after having a 6. It’s only an extra $130 above the 3 here in Australia.

This as well, buttons for ease of use (for me) is a small but critical point. Especially in a race where a PB might be possible. If Apple would allow just the crown to be used as a start/stop mechanism, that would solve the problem. There must be a reason why they don’t/can’t. (and pushing the crown and button together is a very clumsy, not optimal option)

All that said, the AW as an option and when not training/racing is so convenient!

1 Like

Series 7 is available to order in my country but it ships December 12-16. We wanted to replace our aging Series 3.

I wanted to get the Braided Loop but I’ve been reading that they still couldn’t get an accurate fit even with using Apple’s own measurement tools. Is there other proven methods I can use to make sure I’m ordering the right fit?

It would be impossible to have bands replaced here since we don’t have an official Apple Store in case I made the mistake.

Thanks for the info. Will try Gruber’s technique.

Made me re-think my choice though as it would be better to just wait until I can try it out in the store. I really like the Braided Pride that I felt it was worth the risk.

1 Like

I was surprised at how much I missed those when I was cycling home one day and the AW stopped recording because I was wet and hadn’t enabled water lock on the watch (I didn’t realise my sleeve would pause the watch!)

However, now we’re opening back up and I’m in work a couple a days a week, I’m missing Apple Pay and other features.

I might have to live the dual watch lifestyle for a bit - Garmin for the exercise and AW for day to day wear.

Though I am hoping to get a Garmin Varia as it gets darker, and I’ll have to move to my Garmin 530 to make the most of that, meaning I wouldn’t need the watch for my bike.

2 Likes

I am getting an S7 (if it ever arrives…est Dec 5-12) however the ONLY reason is because I was thrilled that the rumored redesign did not happen…in fact, the S7 is even a bit more rounded than the S6.

While the squared off corners and flat edge design seems popular on the iPhone, I personally do not care for it and really don’t find the idea of it on the Watch even remotely appealing.

I think Apple will probably go ahead with the redesign on the S8, so I grabbed this while I still could. Functionally, it is just an S6 with a larger display…;if you call 1 mm “larger”. I guess the battery life may be a bit longer and perhaps a few other incremental changes…but nothing else that would warrant an upgrade to a S6 owner.

This is PURELY an aesthetic purchase for me…and probably the most ridiculous one I have ever made! I’m not sure what I will do in the future if the proposed “new” design is all that is available. I can always HOPE for another change before I would need another watch, but what are the odds?

When Apple first introduced the Watch, I thought it was stupid and swore I’d never wear one…apparently “never” ended a few years ago - I’ve had them all since S4 and now I can’t imagine going back to life without one!

I swear…Apple has become my “digital cocaine” dealer! I need “digital NA”!

I understand. A watch isn’t just a tool. It’s something you may wear with both casual and business wear. I recently purchased a new SE (space gray, aluminum) mainly because I have no need for the 7’s additional health sensors.

But, if I had wanted a 7 the lack of a black or space gray aluminum would have been a show stopper. I will be happy when Apple gets over their Crayola envy.

I completely understand that. I was surprised they would omit a black option in Aluminum. Even in Stainless, the closest I could get was Graphite. For all intents and purposes, it passes as “black”, but if you look at it, it is really a dark gray.

They are introducing that change to iPhone as well! I reall hate it…for several years, I have purchased my items in Space Gray - as have many others! For whatever reason, Apple seems to be moving away from that into their “new, fun colors.” I get it…that appeals to a lot of casual users who like colorful products in their homes, but professionals typically want traditional colors…silver or space gray! Don’t get rid of one of the best selling colors…what are they thinking?

I don’t know, perhaps someone in marketing or design thinks color is a way of generating new sales? And it may be. I’m not qualified to speculate on fashion.

The case is 1mm larger, but the screen is 20% larger because they also reduced the bezels.

Aiming for 2 x Watch 7 - to replace my 5 and my wife’s 3.

It’s about time (pun intended) :slight_smile: - particularly for Watch 3.

(I’m rather accepting of Apple’s aesthetics.)

As per my post above, I sold my 6 to have funds for a 7. The 7 doesn’t lure me as a “new” model. So if I get another AW I’ll likely go for the SE. Blood oxygen doesn’t bother me nor does the ECG. I simply didn’t use them when I had the 6. Well, I used them once to see how they worked.

I did have my annual cardiologist excursion recently and maybe comparing the AW6 ECG to the clinical one may have been interesting. But my Cardiologist is a humourless man at the best of times.

(Luckily I’m paying him for his Cardiologist skills! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

No need to try so hard! :wink:

I ordered a Starlight with Silver Milanese Loop and it will be delivered tomorrow. Ordered last October 30 but the Midnight Green is still processing and Apple hasn’t charged me yet. It’s marked to be delivered on December 17. I knew the Midnight Green will be a hit when it was announced in WWDC.

Anyone here ordered a Series 7 in Midnight Green and have the same lengthy processing and delivery time?