Wear and tear voids iPad keyboard folio case warranty

It really sounds as if the keyboard has got bent, this is exactly what happened to me. Using it on anything other than a rock solid flat surface is going to cause it to bend even slightly, and this includes lap typing.

I don’t think this product was ever meant to be used exclusively, it’s a cover 1st that just happens to include a keyboard, and is a very clever but ultimately not a very robust design if not used under exactly the correct conditions.

Just buy an Apple smart keyboard. It will outlast the iPad and is not model dependent so when Apple change the iPad design just because they can you can port it to the new device nil cost.

I’ve switched to using a Zugu Muse case. It’s very stable on the lap. 8 angles. A great, fairly light and thin case if you want to use a Bluetooth keyboard with your iPad. Just posted a review. https://beardyguycreative.com/blog/2019/12/05/using-the-zugu-case/

1 Like

I replaced my folio using the support app. No proof of malfunction was required. I agree there seems to be a systemic issue with the hinge/keyboard and I’m going to get my second one replaced, too, as I really like the simplicity, fit, and the feel of the keys when it’s working.

I’ve been having the exact same issue. Will be heading to the Apple Store soon! :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing.

UPDATE:

We brought it to another Authorized Reseller who handles Enterprise customer and they immediately accepted the keyboard without issue. They mentioned that the wear and tear might be a problem with Apple but they will try to push for replacement. After a few days, we received news that Apple authorized the replacement. It will take about 2-3 weeks as it will ship from Singapore.

1 Like

You should, I think you’ll have a better experience since you have an official Apple Store.

Hi there. May i know which store this is? I am having the exact issue right now. Thanks!

1 Like

Senco Link in Makati

Hi. Im also experiencing the same issue too. My keyboard just have a little torn in the sides and the service center in MOA voided the warranty. May I know if when you brought it in to another Authorize reseller (in Senco Link, Makati). Did they check the history that you already brought it to other service center?

Nope they didn’t. I’m not sure if it becomes an issue. It was also mentioned by Powermac that it will also be rejected by another authorized reseller since they checked it. Either they’re lying or Senco just wants to treat customers the right way. Brought it after a 1-2 weeks to Senco.

I had friends who brought their devices to Senco that had bad experience with Powermac such as getting told that they have to pay for replacement without even having the hardware checked.

Another close friend who had her MacBook Pro repaired for faulty butterfly keyboard but when she got it, they replaced her screen (1 dead pixel), logic board and battery because they saw problems. That’s how I knew that they care about servicing Apple customers.