Webcam recommendations or tips?

My main Mac these days is a Mini, but I still take part in a fair number of web conferences, and it’s getting to be a bit of a pain to either drag out the old laptop every time or not be able to talk and be seen. Does anyone have any recommendations for a low-cost webcam with mic that I could clip to the top of my display? Any tips or gotchas for using those?

I’ve got an Aukey 1080p Camera which is cheap and fine, and a Logitech BRIO which is rather more powerful and better - but much pricier!

1 Like

Not a camera but a great app to enhance the image quality. BeIde the funny effects you can crop (zoom). Change color temperature, hangs focus etc

https://www.ecamm.com/mac/iglasses/

I’ve used iGlasses in the past and, while it has a lot going for it, I find that it consistently uses a significant amount of CPU (typically around 25%). Have you noticed excessive CPU usage as well?

I owned an old version of iGlasses and found it was killing my RAM and CPU.

I don’t recall having a problem with it.
Assuming one is not 24/7 in a video chat and is focussed on the conversation rather then doing other work on the computer that requires processing power it should not be a problem that iGlasses uses some of the computer resources.

Off topic but related:
Does any one know about a audio processing app to enhance the audio for video / audio chat applications?

I no longer have my Macbook open and near my desk. It’s now in clamshell mode and rests in the BookArc by Twelve South behind the monitor.

Any suggestions for a good quality webcam? or video setup?

1. Used for Skype / Zoom sessions with friends, family, etc
  2. Future use - instruction videos, Youtube channel, etc

I just merged this into another recent thread on the same topic :slight_smile:

1 Like