Website to Mac App - Fluid or Alternatives?

Justout of curiosity, what is the added value of apps like these compared to just using your regular browser with bookmarks and/or pinned tabs?

If you use an app switcher like Launchbar, then setting up web pages with Unite means you can switch directly to that window.

2 Likes

I want to use my SetApp apps whenever possible, that’s the main reason. Also, the last I checked, Fluid had not been updated in a while.

Exactly this. I can easily switch to the app via the taskbar or launcher. Also, I basically use privacy or incognito mode and this will keep the cookies for me. I haven’t looked into if it does cross-site cookies

Yea I couldn’t tell if it was being updated. I don’t have SetApp yet. Fluid seems to be working for me for now. I’m going to stick with it.

And you can even use (global) keyboard shortcuts to switch to them!

Thanks for sharing that page. Coherence X isn’t an upgrade for Unite, it’s a different project…and if you scroll to the bottom of the page they’re promoting a bundle purchase of both products.

I use Unite as it’s the only one of these apps that works well with a web app I use every day.

Also prevents you from getting lost in a sea of tabs and social media when you just wanted to check one specific thing :sweat_smile:

To avoid that situation I simply switch off my computer. :wink: