Whack-a-mole with Notes

I’ve been playing whack-a-mole for weeks now with Apple Notes app.
There’s 3 folders I want to delete, but once deleted they will reappear a few seconds later.

I’ve logged out all my devices from the account, went into the web interface, deleted them, re-added the devices one by one, and STILL they re-appear.

Has anyone else seen this? And maybe (please please) solved it?

I had that issue about a year ago, this solution fixed it for me: Deleted Notes Folder Keeps On Reappearing.

Hopefully it works for you too!

1 Like

thanks for the article @joshsullivan!

I’ve tried something similar today with all devices open, including icloud on the web.
No luck for me unfortunately.

I’ve now tried moving all folders into a new folder, and deleted that new folder.

Am now waiting to see whether it reappears. (seems they’re gone for now… fingers crossed)

No luck, no matter what I do, it will not delete the folders.

Let’s just say that I’m not really impressed with icloud sync at the moment.
Last year it destroyed all the videos of my children (photo sync) and now this.

If apple wants to increase service revenue: fix this first!

When you delete a note it’s moved to the Recently Deleted folder on iCloud.com and your devices that use upgraded notes where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID. You can view and recover notes in the Recently Deleted folder for up to 30 days before they’re permanently removed from all your devices. After deleting the note, go into Recently Deleted, select it, and click on the trash icon to permanently delete it.

I know.
That does not work for folders however…

1 Like