What are your most contrary MPU opinions?

I totally agree (and try to evangelize my “blue bubble friends” to use iMessage :slight_smile:).

I guess this topic has become some sort of a digital AA meeting for apple addicts, and probably some people are throwing out all their feeling in an uncontrolled manner :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What are the advantages of iMessage over the green bubble messaging? Is iMessage encrypted end to end?

I generally find split screen and slideover to be more trouble than it’s worth. Fun to play with, but when I need to switch between apps I just do that thing where you slide your finger up from the dock (I forget what you call that) or, if I’m using an external keyboard, I Cmd-Tab.

2 Likes

I like email.

I prefer using Apple’s Mac and iOS Mail apps to manage my email.

I enjoyed Star Wars. Forty years ago.

3 Likes

They state it is

Green bubbles are regular sms so no group or advanced feature and are (in most cases and in my country) paid or limited in number

1 Like

I use text expander and have the same issue. I can only usually remember the one’s I use the most. HOWEVER, even if I have to go look up the shortcut it still saves me time loading the template, which I can add from there.

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who can’t remember keyboard shortcuts.

2 Likes

I don’t use text expansion partly for that reason. But for normal keyboard shortcuts for several years I’ve used KeyCue. (There’s a free app called Cheatsheet too, but it’s not as complete or as polished).

2 Likes

Same. There’s really nothing new under the sun.
Free and open source would open up a lot of discussion, but I don’t see that happening.

3 Likes

Welcome!
Good tips there, I’ll check out Atext , and maybe Hammerspoon, which I’ve been curious about. I already have KM, Launchbar, Alfred, HoudahSpot, so not sure what it could offer beyond those.

2 Likes

Think Apple has about 50% of the mobile marked here in Norway🙂

1 Like

MPU is still my favorite podcast.

I subscribe to many podcasts. Many, many podcasts. More than 30 podcasts. Castro is telling me that I currently have 173 un-listened-to episodes backlogged.

And MPU is the one podcast that I activate notifications for, on Sunday, to let me know as soon as a new episode drops.

Indeed, I switched from Overcast to Castro a few weeks ago, and one of the few features I miss from Overcast is the ability to set notifications on a per-podcast basis. On Overcast, I had MPU set up as the only podcast that sent me notifications as soon as a new podcast drops. With Castro, I have to switch on notifications Sunday morning and switch it off again after the new MPU episode hits.

4 Likes

Emacs :smiley: I just started playing around with .org mode.

2 Likes

Why not subscribe to MPU in the Apple Podcast app and let it notify you of new episodes? You can listen on Castro and avoid turning notifications on & off.

1 Like

Pure snobbery @MitchWagner I simply refuse to reply to green bubbles. Simple as that :sunglasses:

That’s not a bad idea. Thanks!

1 Like

One must have standards, mustn’t one?

1 Like

vi (pronounced “six” by Mac users) is the One True Editor! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

We just yell at Siri. The apartment is small, very small. ;0>

1 Like

I use KeyCue for that reason. It picks up Keyboard Maestro snippets well. Not TE ones of course and that is another reason I prefer Keyboard Maestro.

2 Likes

Hear, hear! As much as Federico geeks out on Shortcuts ad nauseum, I’ve almost no use at all for them. I found one that lets me Siri command an internet radio station in my car. That’s it! Oh, and I watch all the Star Wars films but only Episodes IV-VI are Truly good and canonical.

9 Likes